How Much Time Should I Spend on Marketing Each Month?
Running effective marketing campaigns can have a big impact on your bottom line. However, it also takes a significant time investment. That’s because a good marketing campaign includes crafting engaging content for your audience on a consistent basis and then sharing that information across your channels. When done right, it can take up to 25 hours a week just to keep your company relevant and top of mind. The numbers show it’s worth the investment: 72% of marketers say content marketing increases engagement and leads.
Unsure of how much time content marketing actually takes or whether you should outsource this part of your business? Here’s what you need to know.
What goes into a content marketing campaign?
At OneAffiniti, we create customized campaigns for our partners for free every month. On average, a typical campaign includes the following:
- 2-3 well-written articles
- 2-3 latest IT product solutions
- One lead generation article
- A customized microsite
- Email and social publishing
- Analytics and lead management
All of these different types of content and other tasks are necessary to effectively market yourself to your customers. But when done right, these to-do’s take a lot of time. The average amount of time you can expect to spend on content like this is:
- Content planning and research — 8-12 hours per month; 2-3 hours per week
- Copywriting and curation — 25-30 hours per month; 6-7 hours per week
- Graphic production for videos and digital assets — 10-15 hours per month; 2-4 hours per week
- Landing page creation — 5 hours per month; 1 hour per week
- Email setup — 4 hours per month; 1 hour per week
- LinkedIn setup — 4 hours per month; 1 hour per week
- Analytics and reporting — 10-15 hours per month; 2-4 hours per week
- Lead management — 10-15 hours per month; 2-4 hours per week
This adds up to a total of 17-25 hours per week, equaling out to an average of 84 hours per month.
Save time and succeed by outsourcing content marketing
Now you know to expect to invest about 85 hours per month to produce a quality marketing campaign with compelling content to share with your audience. With our program however, we completely manage this process for companies — bringing your total time investment down to just five minutes a month.
High-quality marketing campaigns are crucial for your IT business. But crafting strong campaigns requires many hours of time that most business owners just don’t have. Prioritize marketing in your company by joining OneAffiniti so your customers will keep you top of mind.
OneAffiniti creates quality, customized marketing campaigns for our partners for free. Joining our program will open up an extremely valuable 85 hours of time per month for business owners, allowing you to spend time working on other important business tasks while we handle everything content-related. Interested in signing up? IT business owners can visit this link; if you are an insurance broker, click here to get started.